• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem uploading book to Blurb

New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using MacBook Pro M1, LR Classic, 90 page photobook made using Book module, upload to Blurb hangs.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @davidp45932171. Welcome to the Lightroom Classic community. I'll help you figure this out.

What version of Lightroom & the operating system are you working on?

Test these suggestions:

• Ensure the Book title is only alphabet & does not include unique characters & numbers.
  • Your book does not have missing images.
  • Try to sign out & sign in again to the Blurb.

As a temporary workaround, manually change the book type from under Book Settings to PDF & export the book as PDF & send it over to the Blurb with your preferences.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sameer, thank you for your email. I apologise for the delay in getting back to you. Your email went into my spam box so it languished for 24 hours.

I am using the latest, available in the UK, version of Lightroom since I subscribe to the on-line service and regularly check for updates. I am using a MacBook M1 Pro.

My immediate problem is resolved (the one I about which I appealed for help). My work around was to export the photo book from LIghtroom using the bottom left ‘Export PDF’ button (left panel) while still in the Send to Blurb configuration. This produced two files - cover and book - which I sent directly to Blurb via the Blurb web site. I have not yet had the printed book but the PDF created by Blurb of the book I am due to receive looks fine.

The problem was that when I tried to export to Blurb from the Lightroom Book Module the upload got half way and hung. This was repeatable. An error message saying there was a problem invited me to try again or cancel. Try again immediately repeated the same warning. I wasted several hours going round in circles, checking wifi speed and availability and removing two commas in the Sub-Title I had given the book (none in the Title) and retrying.

I see there are reports of upload problems of a similar nature (they may be fundamentally different but problems reported look the same) going back many years. I would have expected Adobe to have nailed this one long before now. I am a keen user of Lightroom which I have regarded as excellent but this experience leaves me concerned that Adobe is not fixing this problem and it is one I am likely to come up against again since there is no obvious explanation for its occurrence. Is Adobe working on it?

Best wishes

David P.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines