• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem when zooming in and framing. The photo does not move smoothly in Lightroom Classic on Wndows

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem when zooming in and framing.
The photo does not move smoothly.
Ryzen 9 5900X processor
RTX 3070 TUF
32GB RAM 3600Mhz

Reinstalling the graphics card drivers does not help,
it does not help to enable increased performance for GPU, for these tools it helps to disable GPU acceleration, but only for a moment.
Problems arise when the photo is processed heavily and with the use of many tools.
Nothing helps. Other apps work fine, and so do games.
Lightroom has a problem, maybe with the processor because I have seen similar threads even with the rtx 3090. What what, but I will not believe that the top devices have a problem with the Lightroom application.

I am asking for help in solving this problem, because it becomes frustrating and limits the work with photos.

Regards.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Lightroom Classic you're using?

If you do not experience the issue on images that do not have a lot of edits on them & only on images with a lot of edits, you can try optimizing the preferences of Lightroom Classic to check if that helps.

You can check out the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem occurs after uploading even one RAW file. The image freezes when I zoom in on GPU support. The computer is too powerful for such trivial problems with basic tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to update the problem information and need help solving it.
A computer service said that when the navigator tab is turned off, the problem is solved in terms of zooming in and using these tools.
I have just noticed something completely new.
On an old laptop with a touchpad, when I move the screen in a close-up, everything is nice and smooth.
I plug in the mouse and, holding the left mouse button, it stutters and jerks.
I have a video to prove it. I checked on two computer mice.
What's up with this Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sending a video of what it looks like with a full description of the problem.
Please fix this problem because in consultation with the service it turned out that it is not the fault of the equipment.
The computer was tested for maximum load, the application was tested on two different computers with different external devices such as keyboard and mouse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvAKO74L7DE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling the graphics card drivers does not help,

By @Necroy

If you installed the Game Ready driver, try installing the Studio driver instead.

Studio drivers are better suited for photo editing, and are also less buggy than Game ready drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A few days ago I changed to studio drivers and it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines