• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with renaming

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've been using Lightroom for some time. At the beginning of the month renaming preset worked without any problem. Today I've noticed that after I rename file with .(dot) included in file name, Adobe automatically adds blank space after the dot. There is no way to get around it unless I manually change file name on every image, one by one. Anyone with similar problems or with solutions?
maybe is worth mentioning that .(dot) and space are treated like one sign ...one backspace delete them both

.Lightroom Classic version: 11.3.1 [ 202204181225-f90ebff5 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-HR
Operating system: Mac OS 12
Version: 12.3.1 [21E258]
Application architecture: arm64Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 12.56.49.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use a dot in a file name! While it may work fine, it is asking for troubles. The dot is reserved to separate the file name and the extension, so apps can choke on it. If you would rename such a file again, you would get unexpected results, for example.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thx for your answer but client needs specific text in file name containing dot and no space so dot must be in fileneme.
as I stated above everything worked just fine before...I have export preset created 6 months ago and exported and renamed thousands of images with no problem till today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines