Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Spot removal tool and photo exporting

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm currently having issues with the spot removal tool.

I'm a photographer and I do studio shoots. Sometimes I need to "extend" the background in the corner of some pictures. I always did this with the Spot removal tool and it worked.

However, now I'm facing the following issue: when trying to fix the background, instead of "extending" it, it add a big black spot. 

This bug can also modify the exposure of my image. 

Sometimes even, in Lightroom the photo looks ok, but when exporting I see the black spots.

My environment : 

iMac M1 2021 updated

Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 updated

I did the same tests with the same image on my Macbook Pro M1 2020 and I faced the issue as well.

Things that I have already tried:

• Delete the lightroom preferences file 
  • Reinstall lightroom
  • Check the updates
  • Contact the Adobe support and spent a lot of time with them trying to find a solution 
  • Use DNG files 
  • Use ARW files

My image files comes from a Sony A7IV.

Here is an example of my exported image result 

Exported image.png 

Also, the problem in Lightroom 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read another question about this type of byg, maybe you should try this

Make sure you have Clone selected in that dialog box.Make sure you have "Tool Overlay"  set to "Always". That would be in the Tool bar at the bottom and if that isn't visible hit the t key. 

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer 🙂

The clone tool works fine but the result isn't as good. I always worked with the heal tool and it has always worked fine. The heal tool looks better because it adapts the texture, with the clone the result isn't as beautiful. 

Also, when using the heal tool, the global exposure changes a bit randomly (it's visible on the short video in the previous message). It's not the case with the clone tool, so cloning works perfectly fine and i guess I'll use it waiting for the problem to be resolved (hopefully it will someday !).

I tried with a different camera, and the heal tool works better. I don't have those black holes anymore, but the global exposure may change a bit (but that's not a big issue).

Maybe it's important to note that sometimes the pics are perfect in Lr, but the black holes appear after export on the jpg. 

So, the Sony A7IV raw files don't work (the dng either), on the A7III it works better, except about the exposure.

Thank you again for your help 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange behavior. The rest of the image should not be affected by your clone tool placemement. Does the same thing happen when you turn off GPU acceleration in Preferences->Performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I've tried that as well without success 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines