• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing raw files from an external drive since update

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have copied my raw files to a folder on my external hard drive. Since the update, when I import it was changing them all to DNG files. I don't want that. I was able to fix that on the top bar of the import bar. I just want to add them to the catalog and then work on the files. But it won't let me add the files. I can only copy them to a new location. So - it's creating dated folders within my original files - thus taking up twice the amount space. Also - when I go back into LrC later, the folders are NOT in my catalog and I have to reimport them. Can someone please help - I am in my busy season and this is killing me. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already done so, then you'll need to give LrC full disk access as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

If above doesn't resolve the issue, then please submit your 'System Info' This can be copied from the Help > System Info menu option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your MACOS  Ventura (13.x)?

if so

Is your catalog on an external hard drive?

and

LrC v12.0 or v12.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines