• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Lightroom Classic 10.4 presets

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have recently updated to Lightroom Classic 10.4, and to my big disappointment, my previous presets of watermarks in Export as well as the Edit in.. presets for editing in external software, such as Nik Collection, have disappeared! This never happened before in any previous update. I am very upset about this and I seriously ask Adobe for clarification! 

Thanks, kind regards, Tomas Jezek.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Store Presets with Catalog turned on or off? (Presets tab of Preferences)

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, my Store Presets with Catalog are turned on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This setting keeps the preset with a catalog. It's best to have this off so all presets are accessible from all catalogs. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it could be key to know if you store presets with catalog, I will, instead of being patient and waiting for clarity on that, state that the NIK issue can be circumvented by simply re-installing the DxO NIK software. The software installation will install the plugins and the external editor presets. Note that word presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I store my presets with Catalog (this option is turned on). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than one catalog?

And you should use your OS file manager to verify that. Assuming you updated LrC from v10.3 to v10.4, a new upgraded catalog should have not been created, but sometimes odd things happen.

You might not be looking at the catalog you stored those presets in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC, bring up Preferences, select the Presets tab, look at the section concerning location. Notice their is a button for Develop presets, and a button for Other. Those NIK ones would be other. The Watermarks Other. Click on Other, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines