• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Rename in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running LR Classic 10.2 on OSX Big Sur 11.2.

For some time the Rename folder in Library module has not worked correctly and the latest update to 10.2 (which I did this week) has made matters even worse.

Please note - I am only using LR to move files / rename folder, NOT using Finder

After importing images to a folder in my Pictures library (in to a YYYY/MM/DD structure) if I try to rename the folder (say from DD to DD - Beach to make it more meaningful) I right click on the folder in the Folders panel, select Rename and enter new name in the dialog) and click Save.

The Folder name in the panel becomes greyed out with a small question mark (?) on the folder icon and the image in the window has an exclamation mark (!) against it. A check in Finder shows that the folder HAS been renamed correctly so it does not appear to be a permissions / security issue.

Prior to version 10.2 if I clicked away from the new folder and clicked back it would resolve itself. However since 10.2 this does not happen.

If I click on the exclamation mark next to the image I get a message “(image name) could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?” yet underneath it shows the ‘Previous location….and the correct NEW folder name’!!

If I click on Locate it opens a ‘finder’ dialog at the CORRECT new location and with the files displayed. If I highlight the relevant image and click Save, I get a message ‘The file (image name) is associated with another photo in the catalog - Each file can only be associated with one photo’.

I have found that if I quit Lightroom and reload then all is resolved…but clearly that is not a viable solution every time I rename a folder and there is clearly some issues with the Rename option, which appears to have been made worse with the latest release.

Any else having problems or got a fix??

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a very similar bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bugs reported:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-loses-connection-wi... 

An Adobe product developer is already engaged in that thread and is trying but failing to reproduce the problem, so your details could help. Please add your details to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.  Don't just link back here, because experience shows that Adobe tends not to read follow the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you  - I will add my details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines