• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Process stalls when moving photos using "Create Folder Inside>Move Selected Photos" function.

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SYSTEM:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1chip, 2020)

16gb RAM, OS Monterey 12.1

The process bar stalls when moving photos using "Create Folder Inside>Move Selected Photos" function.

In the Library Module, I am selecting hundreds of photos from multiple folders, and (separating/moving/grouping) them into new subfolders.

I'm using the Create Folder Inside>Move Selected Photos, to make the new subfolders.

However...the progess bar stalls after about 50 (out of 700) photos are moved.

It stays stuck, until I navigate to view the new Subfolder contents...then, it starts moving again.

But...if I navigate to another folder, the process stalls again.

This was never the case previously, so I'm wondering how this bug can be fixed.

I've tried updating (latest version) and restarting.

Please help.  Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. We are here to help.

Where is the catalog stored? Is it on the internal drive or an external/network drive? Where are the folders stored? Are they on the internal drive or the external drive? Does it happen with smaller batches of images too?

You are on macOS. You can ensure Lightroom Classic has the permissions needed on the mac by following the steps suggested below:  

1.  Go to the System Preferences for your mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.  
  2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a checkmark in front of it.  
  3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.  
  4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access found in the same list as Accessibility.
    SameerK_0-1648558808266.png
  5. Once done, restart the mac.

You can also run a 'First-Aid' diagnosis on the external drives using the Disk Utility on the macOS and then restart the mac.

Let us know if this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines