• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Process Version doesn't sync properly in new update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process version will not sync in the new update. I change my processing for interior photos to Process Version 2. (To use the Fill Light function) After I highlight all of the photos, I use the sync button and normally all of the photos get the same settings that I did for the first photo. All of my adjustments are transfering as normal except for the process version, which is staying on Version 5. I have checked to make sure that it's checked in the options and it is. (I've been doing this for years, so I know how to do it.)  Please fix this so that I can sync my settings properly. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top menu doesnt show which process version you are using but just changes it although I think it should show a check and this is a poor design.  The Calibration Panel shows the process version being used.  I can change the PV to 2 and use Sync and the Synced photo will have PV 2 so I can not duplicate your issue.  LrC 10.2 and Macos 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working on mine. See attached. All of the setting like sharpness and noise reduction sync, but process version doesn't.  I just downloaded the brand new update. This worked fine this morning on the most recent version before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a quick test in LR 10.2, and it's working for me too.  Adobe is unlikely to address the issue unless there is a reliable recipe for reproducing the bug. I suggest you make a screen recording of your entire LR window to illustrate the problem -- that often provides enough detail for others to reproduce an issue. Upload the recording to Dropbox, Youtube, or similar and post the sharing link here.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the screen grab video I made. Unfortunatly, Windows uses the X-Box game screen record, and it doesn't record certain things like menus and pop ups, but I explain as I go. I went back to the old version to show how it should be working, then updated to the new version and showed the problem. 

Dropbox link to the video:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/njmsnyqax6hwcur/Lightroom%20Sync%20issue.mp4?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if it's maybe a Windows vs Mac issue. I'm on Windows, if that matters. 

I appreciate you guys checking this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried following the same steps as shown in your screen recording, and my Windows LR 10.2 syncs Process Version = 2 to all the selected JPEG photos. So there's some difference that we're missing.

A couple of suggestions

- Create a preset "Process Version = 2" with just Process Version checked. You can easily apply a preset to a selection of photos using Quick Develop > Saved Preset in Library. Does that work?

- Try resetting LR's preferences: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

- Post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

Perhaps an Adobe engineer will be able to reproduce the problem. If they can't, then having the bug report posted there will make it more likely that when someone else encounters the problem, they can hang their information there, and that might narrow down the cause.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines