• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Profile Browser does not display profiles

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LrC 11.5 on an M1 Mac 16gb with MacOS 12.5.1. I have been using Lightroom for over a decade starting with version 4 on Windows and this year on Mac so I am very familiar with it. For the last couple of months on my Mac I have been having a strange, intermittent problem. I had the same problem with 11.4 and 11.4.1.

Occasionally while in the Develop module when I open the Profile Browser I discover that many of the profiles are not displayed and instead in the place of many of the profiles there is a message that says Loading... The Loading... message never goes away. If I change to a different photo though all the profiles are displayed. It seems to be random. Most of the times all is well, but fairly often I have this problem. It doesn't always happen on the same photos. Sometimes a photo that has this problem will not have the problem if I go back to it later. Restarting LrC does not fix it. Rebooting does not fix it. Here is a screenshot that shows what I see.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 16.06.32.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this: Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also  Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan, thank you for your reply.

A few minutes ago I did steps 1-4.  After my Mac rebooted I started LrC, but the problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic had an update version 11.5 a few days ago which had lots of bug fixes, it's worth the update to see if experience any difference.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a reminder, here is my first sentence:

I am using LrC 11.5 on an M1 Mac 16gb with MacOS 12.5.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, don't know how I missed that.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone, I have the same issue, running the latest mac os and Lightroom classic on m1 max 64G ram.

My 10 years old PC i7-3770 intel with 1050 Graphic card shows the profiles instantly without any issue.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lightroom preferences:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html
Also see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/important-steps-for-manually-resetting-...

Quit Lightroom Classic.
MacOS: Press and hold the Shift + Option keys.
Windows: Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys.
While holding down the keys, launch Lightroom Classic.
When asked, select "Yes". 

Any difference? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I reset the preferences.  Unfortunately, the problem still exists.  As I said in my original post, it does not happen all the time.  It seems rather random about when it will happen and on which photo.

Here is something that just happened that may give further info.  After I reset the preferences I went into the Develop module for about 10 photos and went into the Profile Browser for each one.  For those photos all looked normal so for a moment I thought that possibly the problem was fixed.  Then I started to configure LrC back to the way I had before I reset the preferences.  While in the Develop module I went down to the bottom-right of the screen and clicked the down arrow button so that I could set the View Modes for what is displayed under the image:  Flagging, Rating, Color Label, Navigate, Zoom.  After I did that I checked the Profile Browser again for the same photo and suddenly the Loading... problem had come back.  It is difficult to see why this would have any affect on the Profile Browser.  It is probably just a coincidence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you change the Profile Display to LARGE and see if the missing ones show up?  Does hovering over the missing one change the display of the photo in the main window as it is supposed to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the Profile Display to LARGE, but the problem still exists.

Yes, if I hover over the missing profiles the main image display changes to reflect the missing profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if disabling GPU in preferences makes any difference. Is that an option with your hardware? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Use Graphics Processor set to Auto so it uses the M1 GPU.  I set it to Off, but the problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for trying.

If you log into another account (you may need to make one), same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this problem also occur in Photoshop? When you are in Adobe Camera RAW.

Fairly sure ACR and LrC both use the same folder for those profiles.

on a MAC (Macintosh HD, that is the top level Library, not the User Library)

Library>Application Support>Adobe>Camera RAW>Camera Profiles

and/or

Library>Application Support>Adobe>Camera RAW>Settings>Adobe>Profiles>

hmm, wonder why two areas (mostly different cameras) tempted to do a full un-install then install, see if I have old detritus 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I opened about 10 raw files in Photoshop ACR and the Profile Browser was normal, no problems.  I will try some more because with LrC it often works, but sometimes does not.  Tentatively though it does seem like ACR is okay.

Here is a screenshot of Finder in the Profiles folder.  You can see lots of xmp files.  I suppose this is normal and what I should find there.

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 12.06.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD It's both. On a Mac, the root Library stores files that are available to any user. That means ACR will store its standard profiles in there. If the user creates a profile, it will be stored in the user/Library however.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually a few cameras not in the first one existed in the second, for example Fuji, oddly at least one Nikon exists in both. I have no user created or third party ones.

Note that I did accomplish a removal of all Adobe, emptyed recycle, and reinstalled, no change to that file structure.

Anyhow, got a bit off track. Point was what if access to those folders is the issue. Other point is if not an issue in ACR, then perhaps actually in just LrC (except author indicates intermittent issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had this problem today, moving from a mac to a new one and copying the develop presets from a machine to the other. For me, all it took is to switch from list view back to grid. Grid (default) / list / grid. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines