• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Profile Browser - Manage Profiles - missing categories

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro (OS 11.4) and iMac (OS 11.5.2) are both running Lightroom Classic 10.4.  The purple check marks are from my laptop and the blue check marks are from the iMac.  Why aren't the categories the same - my IR camera profiles are in the camera matching category, but even though I have added the same profile to my iMac, it doesn't show up.  The DCP file is in for both the laptop and iMac:  Macintosh HD\users\username\library\application support\adobe\camera raw\camera profiles\ 

or is this an issue because the OS' are different versions.

I would really prefer to post process on my iMac for the larger screen.

Any help would be appreciated - thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 7.26.50 PM.pngiMac manage profile categories.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Triple-check by typing "i" while in Develop to bring up the info overlay in the upper-left corner, which will show the file name being edited. Perhaps you're editing a JPEG of the same name by mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the purple checkmarks, you've got a raw selected, but with the blue checkmarks, a non-raw (e.g. a JPEG) is selected. Raws and non-raws have different sets of applicable profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the same file is being used on both machines... a Sony ARW file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Triple-check by typing "i" while in Develop to bring up the info overlay in the upper-left corner, which will show the file name being edited. Perhaps you're editing a JPEG of the same name by mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much @johnrellis for having me triple check - I hadn't remembered that I had converted the ARW to PSD files when importing them to my iMac (showed up when I typed the 'I" - even though in the library info the file showed it as an ARW...).  I will re-import the IR images as ARW. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it was simple to resolve.  It's fairly common that users mistakenly think they're editing a raw -- nothing in Develop immediately indicates they're not (which points to an area where Develop could be improved).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second one does not include Adobe RAW, Adobe RAW only shows up for RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines