• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Profiles go missing when using Topaz DeNoise 2.0, Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The moment I select Photo/Edit in Topaz DeNoise, the regular stored camera profiles (Adobe RGB, etc, and more importantly, my custom camera profiles see attached snippets) disappear. In the LR Basic menu, these are replaced with a few generic profiles. I created a copy of the original image when starting Topaz DeNoise, so there's a two image stack, one TIF and one DNG. The original DNG has the camera profiles available OK, but the TIF doesn't. So... what do to? I need to continue editing the image with the camera-specific color-calibration profiles.

2. How do I select the Radeon GPU? Presently DeNoise is running in the basic Intel HD GPU which is relatively weak in comparison. When performing DeNoise processing, both the CPU and Intel GPU are pegged at 100%.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the results of using Topaz with Lightroom both! Great products...

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

"The original DNG has the camera profiles available OK, but the TIF doesn't. So... what do to?"

Camera profiles are only available when editing raw files. TIFF and JPEG files have the External Editing Preference setting applied or when exporting the 'Color Space' setting applied is applied. The color space profile is embedded.

"How do I select the Radeon GPU? Presently DeNoise is running in the basic Intel HD GPU which is relatively weak in comparison."

In LR go to the Help menu and click on S

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The original DNG has the camera profiles available OK, but the TIF doesn't. So... what do to?"

Camera profiles are only available when editing raw files. TIFF and JPEG files have the External Editing Preference setting applied or when exporting the 'Color Space' setting applied is applied. The color space profile is embedded.

"How do I select the Radeon GPU? Presently DeNoise is running in the basic Intel HD GPU which is relatively weak in comparison."

In LR go to the Help menu and click on System Info. Copy and paste it in a reply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed reply! I enabled the AMD Radeon GPU in the Windows/Display/Advanced settings, in which one can select specific applications and assign the preferred GPU...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years on and now DeNoise processes RAW files and exports a DNG, and that's great. The resulting image is better than if you export the image as a TIFF to DeNoise. 

Problem is, this causes the same issue described here. The exported DNG file, from DeNoise, has something wrong in the metadata (Per Topaz) that causes Lightroom to not recognize it as a RAW file like it does it's own created DNG. 

Anyone have any idea how to fix that metadata, or what part of the metadata Lightroom is looking at that makes it think this DNG is not a RAW file?

Or, does anyone know how to, easily, color match the processed DNG file to match the RAW file without being able to use the camera profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Davidr, you stated "Or, does anyone know how to, easily, color match the processed DNG file to match the RAW file without being able to use the camera profile?"

The issue is a RAW file is not a viewable image the raw data has to be rendered by Topaz DeNoise first , apply a profile and then do it's DeNoise and sharpening process when saved the image is saved within a DNG wrapper. It is essentially now tiff data in a DNG wrapper and when you import to LrC it is treated as such and Adobe profiles are not available to apply.

I have tested and the Topaz app is utilizing the raw data to do its processing and AI noise/sharpening magic.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks for all the information. That's good to know. My only option is to match the color of the Lightroom processed RAW file to the DeNoise DNG file. Any idea on how to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure exactly how to do that since if the first application to use the raw data is Topaz DeNoise AI and will apply a profile as part of the process of denoising, sharpening and saving the raw.DNG image.

It is the same reason camera users ask why Lightroom changes the color and tone of my raw image, it does not match what I see on my camera screen.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the following test a short while ago using an Olympus ORF raw image from May 2005. The image is imported into LrC and the only settings applied are as shot WB and Adobe standard profile.

The procedure followed, DoNoise Preferences as shown on the screen capture, In LrC Develop Module select the raw .ORF image thumbnail in the filmstrip and drag to the DeNoise displayed at the bottom of my iMac display. DeNoise. DeNoise boots with the image in the display and immediately start the denoising and sharpening using the RAW mode, see the screen capture. On completion, I save the RAW.DNG.

The new image is saved in the same folder so I synchronize it to import to LrC. See the screen capture of the comparison, left is the DNG and right is the ORF.

NoNoiseAI-resulsRAW-DNG.pngDeNoise Preferences.pngDeNoiseRAWinProcess.png  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When the DNG is returned to LrC there are limited options to change the profile and certainly, none of the Adobe-created profiles including Camera Matching.

See also a test I did yesterday with an image captured in the last month or two.

Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 9.38.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you resolved the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines