• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Edited Image Auto Selects In Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After sending an image from Lightroom into Photoshop for further editing and then saving the image, I'll go back to Lightroom to start working on another image in the Develop module. However, when Photoshop finishes it's save function, that saved image is automatically selected in the Lightroom Filmstrip, even while I'm actively working on a different photo. So if I'm in the middle of cropping a different picture, that recently finished saved photo will auto select and the crop I was working on will be applied to it. If there are many photos to work through, it is very frustrating to to have to wait for a different program to finish it's save before I can continue doing something completely seperate in Lightroom.

If I'm working on a different image in the Develop module, shouldn't that take priority over showing me which image was recently saved?

Is there a fix for this? Can anyone help?

I just spent over $4,000 building this PC with Intel's newst i9 & 100GB of RAM.

Can't believe I'm still sitting around waiting!

Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.3.1 20231212.r.241 46eb480 x64

Lightroom Classic version: 13.1 [ 202312111226-41a494e8 ]

Windows 11 64

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the save in PS taking so long that you need to go and work on some other image while the save works in the background? Apparently you have an instance of a watched pot never boils??? Just how long are these saves taking?

And yes I can repeat this, same on my expensive rig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha...

• The photos are Canon RAW files converted to DNG in Lightroom
  • The photoshop work is just a small section of content aware fill
  • The file is usually around 20-25MB
  • The save takes about 25 seconds for some reason. It's hard to sit and wait! That's why start on another image.

Hopefully one of the people in charge of approving the list of version updates will read this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ilovemegapixels , you stated " 

• The save takes about 25 seconds for some reason. It's hard to sit and wait! That's why start on another image."
     I guess you are saving the image after edits in Photoshop, this creates a new image which is automatically imported to LrC.
Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your settings: LIbrary Module -  Photos >Auto-advance. Do you have this turned on?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my test of the Authors issue, that setting on my LrC was off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had checked that earlier. The setting doesn't make a difference...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a workaround you could try.

Clearly the ideal would be to have the PS save come back into the Catalog so promptly that you do not get impatient! And that may have to do with hardware performance or possibly the PS saving option is one that takes a longer than necessary time.

The normal sequence is:

• LrC does Edit in PS; ACR opens silently and renders adjustments into a new unsaved image, which is passed in memory to PS; saving that image from PS creates a new file on disk; LrC imports that file as a new entry in the Catalog.

Workaround. If you make an additional external editor setup, and select that by name (this also happens when LrC has a newer ACR compatibility than PS does):

• LrC does Edit in / your named setup; LrC renders the adjustments and immediately creates a file on disk; LrC imports this as a new entry in the Catalog; LrC also (independently of that) tells PS to directly open this file - with no ACR involvement. Any further save from PS will be merely an update to what is already present on disk, and to what is already seen in the Catalog.

I make use of this anyway when I want a different bit-depth / colourspace than usual, for my external editing out of LrC. Each external editing setup includes those settings plus file type - and can invoke any version of PS you have installed, or some other editing application or utility for special pujrposes, by selecting its program executable directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines