Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality of UpRes'd DNG Files vs HEIC for Apple ProRaw rendered in Classic

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR-C-12.2.1, CR 15.2, Mac OS 13.2.1, iOS 16.3.1

I am getting ready for a short trip to Europe and purchased a iPhone 14 with the idea that it would be my only camera I would use on the trip. Did some test shots and used Adobe Enhance to upsize the 12mpx DNG files from the iPhone and was shocked at the results. (pictures attached). Then I compaired an iPHone HEIC file to a DNG file and it is my opinion that either Apple is sending a muddy ProRes DNG file or Adobe does not know how to do the conversion of Apple's ProRes format. Posting this comment on Apple as well. Really disappointing. Moved files two ways, one through iPhoto and the other by copying the files directly to the cloud. Any idea what happens in LR cloud?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am going to move you to a new thread as this is probably a questions that should be asked separately from this thread. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines