• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about order in which to install LR Cl while moving from Windows 10 to new Windows 11 PC

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running LR6 perpetual on a Windows 10 desktop. My computer crashed and LR6 was no longer there when the computer was reset. The catalog files are still present though. After a period of time trying unsuccessfully to re-download my LR6 Perpetual software from Adobe, I have purchased a new PC, Windows 11.

I am about to download LR Classic and ideally would like to be able to have LR reconnect to my old catalogs (and upgrade them) and reconnect to my photos.

Is it better for me to download LR Classic to the old Windows 10 computer and see if it will upgrade my old lrcat files and reconnect to my photos, and then migrate it all to the new PC; or it is better to start with downloading LR Classic to the new Windows 11 PC and then migrate the lrcat etc files and photos to the new computer and see if LR figures it all out?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make your life easy. Just install LrC on your new Windows 11 PC, and connect everything there.

Here are instructions that you should follow carefully. Do not make up extra steps. Do not skip steps (except the part about moving from Mac to PC or PC to Mac, which doesn't apply). Do not Import Photos. Follow the instructions carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines