Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question re Lightroom 6.0 and HEIC Files

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope I am posting this in the right section. I have the standalone version of Lightroom (version 6.0). I recently purchased an iPhone 11 Pro and I'm aware that a few years ago with iOS 11 Apple introduced the HEIC file system. I know I can switch to 'Most Compatible' so I can revert to JPG files again. I am wondering; is there any way I can get my version of Lightroom to take HEIC files? If not, what are my options? I refuse to sign up to subscriptions hence why I purchased the standalone version a few years ago.

For info; I have a MacBook Pro (2015) running Mojave 10.14.6.

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not supported by Lightroom 6. If you want the newer features of Lightroom, you have to pay for them.

What are your options? Convert to JPG or use some other software or upgrade to current Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info dj_paige however, in my opinion, I have already paid enough for the version of Lightroom I have.

Is the current Lightroom Classic a subscription model?  As you can tell, I do not know a lot about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Lightroom Classic is subscription only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines