• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions About Syncing from Lightroom CC (1TB) to Lightroom Classic (Photography Plan)

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I used to have Lightroom Creative Cloud (I will refer to it as LrCC) Desktop Version 1TB, but recently I also subscribed to the Photography Plan/Lightroom Classic (LrC). This is because before, I would edit on my iphone and ipad a lot, but now that I am taking more photos than before LrC is better for me because I need faster performance, better file management, and more space than the 1TB I have on cloud.

I have synced all my LrCC photos and edits to LrC with the originals from the cloud now on a hard drive. Now, I want to delete all my cloud photos and cancel my LrCC 1TB subscription (but of course keep my Photography Plan subscription). (Question 1:) Will deleting the originals and edits on the cloud also delete the originals and edits that are now local on LrCC? I am worried that after I delete the originals on the cloud and press "sync" on LrC, LrC will find nothing on the cloud and thus also delete the local originals that I just backed up. Also, after removing my subscription to LrCC and deleting any cloud data, (Question 2:) will I still have the advertised 20GB of cloud storage to use that is provided from my Photography Plan?

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

Deleting your images from Lightroom Web (Lightroom.adobe.com) will not delete your original images that you've stored locally on a hard drive. However, as you've mentioned that you've synced those images into Lightroom Classic. (Lightroom Classic download images as part of a collection from Lightroom Web), those collections will get removed from Lightroom Classic. To remedy this issue you can remove images from Lightroom Web, then turn off the sync in Lightroom Classic and import those images directly into Lightroom Classic and don't let them sync to the cloud (Lightroom Web) if you do not require cloud anymore.

If you've switched form one plan to the other, then you will have the cloud storage that comes with your current plan. If you have a 20 GB Photography Plan, then you will have 20GB of cloud storage to work with.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines