• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Develop in Library

Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to select a set of images in library mode and automatically increase or decrease the any of the options available in Quick Develop for the entire selection. A single step Sync.

I work on a calibrated system. Depending on the set of pictures I may use different calibrations for exposure, contrast... Infrequently, I need to select an entire set of pictures that were all processed 1/3 stop too low or high. Each picture may have different postprocessing settings but they are all 1/3 stop too dark. I want to be able to select the entire set and, with one click, increase the or decrease the whole set from Quick Develop. Is this possible. My tests indicate that it I have to do this one picture at a time 😞

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Just one thing to add: like most things, when attempting to apply changes to a set of selected images in the Library, you have to be using the Grid view. If you are in Loupe mode with multiple images selected in the Filmstrip, only the single image in the Loupe will change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Hello Jim,

Thank you. I checked this in both grid view and loupe view and confirmed you answer. Is this the way automatic syncing works in for everything in Library mode? To me, this is a bug.

Thank you all for your response.

Jim Palik

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it on my Windows 10 system, and if I highlight multiple images and then make an exposure adjustment that adjustment is applied to all images. In the develop module, if you highlight all the images and then enable autosync it will also work in that module as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one thing to add: like most things, when attempting to apply changes to a set of selected images in the Library, you have to be using the Grid view. If you are in Loupe mode with multiple images selected in the Filmstrip, only the single image in the Loupe will change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim,

Thank you. I checked this in both grid view and loupe view and confirmed you answer. Is this the way automatic syncing works in for everything in Library mode? To me, this is a bug.

Thank you all for your response.

Jim Palik

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it really isn't a bug, it's definitely the intended behaviour.  If it worked the way you expect it to work, there's simply too much risk of a user inadvertently making changes to a bunch of selected but off-screen images when adjusting an image in loupe view in the Library module. However, if you do want it to work that way, then Adobe have provided the option to do so, but you deliberately have to turn AutoSync on first (just as you'd have to do that in Develop if you want to automatically sync changes to all selected images when you adjust the image in the Loupe). Just remember to turn AutoSync off again when you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JP Hess wrote:

I just tried it on my Windows 10 system, and if I highlight multiple images and then make an exposure adjustment that adjustment is applied to all images. In the develop module, if you highlight all the images and then enable autosync it will also work in that module as well.

Please note that with Auto Sync in the Develop module, such an adjustment will not be relative, like it will be in Quick Develop, but absolute. In other words: if you set the exposure of the selected image to +0.3, then all other images will be set to +0.3 as well. If some images were already adjusted and have an initial Exposure setting that is already other than zero, then the +0.3 will not be added to this setting like it will in the Quick Develop panel, but overruled and set to +0.3.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, forgot to mention that. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines