• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit in" Topaz apps crashes LRC (11.01.1 on Mac 11.6.1)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After editing a few pictures (via "Edit in" option in LRC) in Topaz DeNoise & Sharpen, LRC (11.0.1) will crash (go into beach ball mode). The crash does not happen the first time - maybe 4th or 5th time. The Topaz apps the picture is sent to open find and do not crash but I can't send the edited photo back until I force quit LRC and reopen.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix or is this a bug in LRC or Topaz? I updated both apps last week, so not sure which is the culprit. I never had this issue in the previous versions of either LRC or the Topaz apps.

I use an Intel iMac on Big Sur.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the issue with crashing issue. Since when are you seeing this issue? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet? Just to confirm are you saying that the edit-in option from Lightroom Classic works, you can see the picture in the Topaz app, correct?

Try to reset the preferences of Lightroom Classic by:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Backup the preferences before resetting by: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

You may also try to reset the preferences of the Topaz app.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll reset the preferences on both apps and see if that fixes it.

Briefly, the issue started when I updated both LRC to 11.0.1 and the Topaz apps to whatever their respective current version is. Before that I didn't have any issues.

Yes, the "Edit-in" option works - it creates the TIFF file, Topaz launches and the photo appears, ready to edit, and Topaz works fine. But if I peek back to Lightroom it has crashed after doing this (beach ball). I have to force quit LRC at that point. Incidentially, When using "Edit-in" to go to PS all is fine for the "round trip".

But if no one else is reporting this then could be corrupted pref file from the update. I'll report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of the Topaz Labs apps?

What version for the plug-ins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having exactly same issue. Very frustrating. I think it is an issue with the Topaz updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has resetting the Preferences helped anyone?

I did 2 images on the trial version and then (after purchasing the software) its now crashing LRC.
😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it's a Topaz install issue after updating to a new version because the only fix that worked for me was completely uninstalling Topaz (the LR part has to be done mannually) and then doing a fresh install. (Crossing fingers) I haven't had any issues since then, including after the latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jongib, welcome to the forum. Please post details of your operating system and the version of Lightroom you are using, provide the actual version number not latest or up to date.

Are you logged on to your Adobe Creative Cloud account?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines