"File Not Found" when file is found

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In one of my catalogues, most of my files are ineditable. I get a pop up that says "file not found" when I try to do any edits. The pop up allows me to click "ok" but offera no other assistance. The thing is, my files aren't missing. The catalogue says the originals are present. The catalogue can locate them in my finder no problem. No names have changed, etc.

I have updated to the latest release of LR Classic. Using Mac OS Monteray 12.3.1

Thank you

Elisabeth

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022
Most likely this is a permissions problem. This is becoming one of the most frequently asked and answered questions. The latest MacOS update changed the requirements. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022
It might be a permissions issue....there have been many similar issues reported recently in relation to MacOS Monterey 12.3.1. Most are fixed by ensuring that LrClassic is given Full Disk Access: Open System Preferences> Security and Privacy tab Unlock to allow changes (click on the lock icon bottom left and enter your system password) Select "Full Disk Access" in the left-hand list, and then in the right-hand list enable the checkmark for Lightroom Classic (if Classic is not listed, use the "...

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a screenshot from your Library module. The Folders panel is of interest. And preferably in grid mode. I suspect the following applies:

https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But that's the problem - I know what to do when a photo has been moved and can't be located, and the "!" symbol is present. This is not the case. The photo has not been moved or renamed. When I click "Find all missing photos" it is not showing as a missing photo. When I click "find photo in finder" it can be found. Lightroom knows where my file is. It just won't let me do anything about it.

For example: LR says every image is this folder cannot be found.Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 9.37.46 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us the full complete unedited path, folder and file name and extension for one of these files that is exhibiting the problem. It looks like (I can't be sure) you have an apostrophe in the folder name, that is likely the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 11.03.26 AM.png

Yes there is an apostrophe. It appears on the path for the file itself/on the folder itself, and also in LR. I have not changed the filenames or folders in years, and this file was working only the other month.....

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you rename the folder so it doesn't have an apostrophe?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for all your help and time in this. I appreciate it!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely this is a permissions problem. This is becoming one of the most frequently asked and answered questions. The latest MacOS update changed the requirements. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox.

6F656855-71F9-43AF-84D9-5AC6A81CCFA4.jpeg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this was exactly the problem and it is fixed! Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a permissions issue....there have been many similar issues reported recently in relation to MacOS Monterey 12.3.1. Most are fixed by ensuring that LrClassic is given Full Disk Access:

Open System Preferences> Security and Privacy tab

Unlock to allow changes (click on the lock icon bottom left and enter your system password)

Select "Full Disk Access" in the left-hand list, and then in the right-hand list enable the checkmark for Lightroom Classic (if Classic is not listed, use the "+" at the bottom to add it to the list, then enable it).

Lock to disable further changes, then reboot your Mac and then try LrC again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
2 hours ago 2 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines