• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"import operations not performed"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently copied files from my sd cards to my hard drive that I work off of. I then imported them to LR like usual and recieved a messages saying about 120 of them weren't imported and the message "some import operations not performed". I can't figure out how to solve this? Today I tried copying the same files from the sd cards to a different hard drive and the copy got stuck and wouldnt work when it got the the images that had the previous issue. Any help is greatly apprecitated thanks!Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 10.03.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-27 at 9.39.54 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is unsupported or damaged.

If unsupported, we would need to know what camera (exact make and model) and what version NUMBER of LrC (do not use words like "latest" or "up-to-date")

If damaged, you need to find the original on a camera card or backup somewhere, hopefully those are undamaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera is a Canon 5d mkIII and I am using version 10.3 of Lightroom. I tried to back the card up somewhere else and the copy stopped when it reached these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to back the card up somewhere else and the copy stopped when it reached these files.

A likely sign of a corrupted camera card or corrupted files on the card. If so, those pictures are not retrievable and not useable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/edit/note/the below was being typed in during your last reply, that makes the following moot

cr2 file extension, so Canon RAW version 2. Newer Canon cameras would save to cr3. So, if your LrC cannot open a cr2 file, it must be very old.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Hence, more likely damaged files.

But as stated, what camera, what LrC version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera is a Canon 5d mkIII and I am using version 10.3 of Lightroom. I just updated LR and has never had an issue with cr22. I tried to back the card up somewhere else and the copy stopped when it reached these files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated LR and has never had an issue with cr2

which does not imply that you will NEVER in the future have a problem. Obviously, you are now having a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to recover the files from the sd card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are professional data recovery services, for which you have to pay $$$, and even then there is no guarantee that they can actually recover the files.

Other than that, I think that you are going to be unable to use these photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got them back and working, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you originally copy the images on your SD card to your SSD?

From your discussion above, I assume you copied them outside of LrC.

From your sceen captures, I can see that you have MACOS

So, I can assume that you used Finder, to copy them from the card to the hard drive.

But:

• Via a SD card reader

or

• Via a USB cable connected to camera, SD card in camera

or

• Via WiFi between camera and computer, SD card in camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved the issue and got the images thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines