• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Lightroom's synced images" (Preferences/Lightroom Sync)

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are "Lightroom's synced images" and where should i keep them? Also, WHY should i keep them? I have about 35GB of synced images taking up space on my hard drive. seems superfluous to me since i don't seem to have any sync problems.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synced images are images that Lightroom Classic downloaded from the cloud. Usually these are images you shot with a smartphone.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! Thank you for your answer.

That's interesting, because I had recently activiated the prompt "Automatically import images from your Camera Roll" on my iPhone Lightroom app. So, these files are being sent to my computer where I keep the Lightroom Classic catalog, thus clogging up my computer.

Do I have to keep these files? I suppose I should integrate them with my other files imported from my camera on the external hard drive? I guess that would be the solution, at least get them off my computer to open up space on my main hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything that is added to Lightroom on your phone is automatically downloaded to your computer when Lightroom Classic is synced. This is an awesome "feature" when you plan for it and understand how it works. You can change the location for the download in the Lightroom sync preferences. I have mine downloaded to an external drive so that they don't fill up the start up drive.

You don't have to keep them if you don't want the images. Delete them from the cloud before you delete them from the hard drive. Otherwise they will keep downloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines