Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Perceptual" Intent greys out in LR Print dialog box

Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

After I set "Perceptual" under Intent, and Updated to Current Settings in User Templates, I clicked Print but, in that dialog box, that option is greyed out. 

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What dialog box? If you mean the printer driver dialog then that is as expected. Because Lightroom does the color management, the printer driver should not try to do it again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johan.

I  asked a friend to demonstrate the new Canon Pro-1000 to me and when he clicked the Print dialog bos I took a screen shot of it. Today I took  ascreen shot of my own Print Dialog box. His displays Intent as Perceptual, mine displays the same but ... greyed out. Please seebelow.

And my question is: Why? and will the machine take the Intent into accoun? I need to know obviously.

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 6.53.51 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 7.37.27 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, you do not want to set a rendering intent in this dialog, because the printer driver should not try to convert the image once again. Your friend probably used an app that does not do color management, or he had Lightroom set to 'Printer takes care of color management'. If MacOS is informed by Lightroom that Lightroom has taken care of the color management, it turns off that option in the printer automatically. This was introduced many years ago. In the early days of color management you had to turn off color conversion manually. People often did not know that, resulting in a strong magenta color cast. Conclusion: what you see here is correct if Lightroom is set to do the color management.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you John. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the profile support rendering intents? Not all profiles do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good question. Where do I go from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines