• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Preview unavailable for this file > Files cannot be opened by Lightroom" (Random import failure)

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just imported 2,376 files (mostly DNG) into LR directly from my laptop desktop. HOWEVER...16 random DNG files (literally in the middle of hundreds of other DNG files on either side of that group of 16 contiguous files) FAILED TO IMPORT, with an associated error dialog box popping up indicating: "Import Results > Some import operations were not performed > These files cannot be opened by Lightroom." Again, the 16 DNG files listed in this error dialog box were IDENTICAL (in file type, folder location, and time of capture) to the other 2,376 DNG files which successfully imported into LR. Why THEY were rejected (and subsequently cannot be imported) is the crux of my question here.

Specific hardware/software details:

• MacBook Pro (13", 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports): 3.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7; 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 memory; Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB
  • MacOS Catalina (10.15.7)
  • Lightroom Classic v.10.1.1 (latest version at the time of this writing)
  • Once again, to clarify and reiterate: I am NOT attempting to import my DNG files from a camera or from an external card reader, but instead, directly from my laptop; and the 16 random (though contiguous) DNG's that LR refused to import were in no way unique or "separate" from the other DNG's which were successfully imported (in fact, all 16 DNG's that LR refused to import were part of a group of about 40 DNG's that were all shot of the same scene and within a span of about 3 minutes. The entire single folder of 2,392 files was imported into LR in ONE operation, but 16 of the files were "rejected" by LR and cannot subsequently be imported). VERY irritating.

The older responses to previous questions on similar import problems I've found on this forum were reviewed but proved unhelpful. Any constructive advice would be very much appreciated. I've tried to be very thorough and very specific in offering all relevant information, but please don't hesitate to ask if you require additional information. Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you open them in ACR>Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines