• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Select Subject" Not Working on Specific Subjects

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom Classic 12.0.1 on a Windows 11 PC.  I have a problem with "Select Subject" not working on a specific group of bird photos.  On other bird photos it works fine.  This has never happened to me before.  Normally, the frame around the "Select Subject" panel lights up and then you click to select the subject.  When I hover over the "Select Subject" panel it doesn't even light up.  Clicking on the panel does nothing.  Here's two examples, one that worked and one that didn't.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever LrC shows erratic behavior, the first thing to reset the preferences. Also restart the computer.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your second screenshot, in the histogram panel, note the lighting bolt symbol bottom right corner (of the panel) .

4263FBBC-8FB1-449A-9393-7E9EDBEEE5C3.jpeg

Your selected photo is using an older process. Maybe imported long long ago? As a result, newer edit tools do not function, surprised they show up at all.

https://photographylife.com/lightroom-process-version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoldingD,

You nailed the problem. The image is using version 1. I changed to version
5 and now "Select Subject" is working perfectly. I'm not sure how that
image got to be version 1 though. It's a photo I took today and imported
today. Every picture I imported today was version 1.

Thanks

Jeff Goulden Photography

Nature, Wildlife and Landscape Photography

<> www.JeffGouldenPhotography.com

Phone: (253) 691-9258

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If received a solution to your posting that resolved your problem, please mark it as correct. This will highlight the answer within the post and in the community and will help fellow community members if they experience the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines