• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radial fill changes in LrC 11

Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use multiple radial fills on single images on hundreds of images every day.  In prior versions, LrC let you specify a default preset by chosing a preset before applying the fill.  Each new fill would use that preset, making the process of adding multiple fills quick and efficient.  Add a fill, tweak the settings (if necessary), click elsewhere on the image to apply a new fill using the same settings, carry on.  Easy and intuitive.  Perfect.

But with version 11, this behavior appears to have changed.  Unless I'm missing something, you have to chose the preset every time you apply a radial fill.  And unlike prior versions that let you quickly add additional fills by clicking on the desired area in an image, it appears that with version 11 you have to first click "create new mask" and then click "radial gradiant" and only then click on the image to add additional fills.  (Or use a keyboard shortcut.)

Am I overlooking something?  This change is doubling my daily editing time, so it's a major step back in my workflow.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the bottom of the panel. There is an option to reset all sliders each time you create a new mask. Uncheck it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you!  There it is.  I was looking all over the new (undocked) Masks panel and the Radial Gradient settings, but didn't think to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Effect panel.

Now what's left in affecting my productivity with version 11 versus prior versions is having to click "create new mask" and then "radial gradiant" and then click on the image to add additional fills, rather than just click on the image.

Is there an option or setting that I'm overlooking with that behavior to have it work as efficiently as it did in version 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@FrostyOfTheNorth wrote:

Ah, thank you!  There it is.  I was looking all over the new (undocked) Masks panel and the Radial Gradient settings, but didn't think to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Effect panel.

Now what's left in affecting my productivity with version 11 versus prior versions is having to click "create new mask" and then "radial gradiant" and then click on the image to add additional fills, rather than just click on the image.

Is there an option or setting that I'm overlooking with that behavior to have it work as efficiently as it did in version 10?

No. You do indeed have to click twice.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines