• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Radial) filter duplicate without puting it in the same mask / New Version of LR

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I used Lightroom a while ago and was used to the possibiity, to duplicate the (radial in this case) Filter per Drag&Drop.
Now I updated it to the new version of LR and when I do this, the original filter and the duplicated one appear in the same mask. So both are getting changed, when I do adjustments.

How can I duplicate a filter (with drag&drop), so it will be free an individual 😉

I am looking for weeks now and can't find anything. Really annoying.

Maybe somebody can help me here?

Would be so cool....! 

Greetings!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift-M creates a brand new radial filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then I start with a new one and have to adjust completely from zero. To slow...

Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But then I start with a new one and have to adjust completely from zero. To slow...

Thanks anyway!

By @Filiz24657878isem

Incorrect. Make sure the check box next to "reset sliders automatically" is un-checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While holding Opt / Alt, Drag the Radial Gradient to the Create New Mask button at the top of the masking panel.  See the attached screen recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tip John.!

Yet I find (in Windows 10) -

1) Starting from a Radial Gradient [Mask 1]:

2022-05-31 08_42_59-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

2) Holding down the [ALT] key and dragging the 'Radial Gradient 1' only achieves in renaming the "Mask 1"  to become "Mask 2" (Mask 1 no longer exists!)

Rob_Cullen_0-1653951147442.png

3) Holding down the [CTRL] key and dragging does duplicate the mask successfully. (In this particular test case the 'Copy' of existing [Mask 2] is named [Mask 1]  -Veeerrry interrresting!

2022-05-31 08_43_34-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the correction: Hold down Opt on Mac, Ctrl on Windows, while you drag the mask component to the Create New Mask button.  (I've dropped a note to the Lightroom Queen about the mistake in the shortcuts cheat sheet.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides the drag and drop method already given,

the three-dots menu next to each (parent) mask includes a Duplicate Mask option

richardplondon_0-1653951939283.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines