• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rangemask overwrites brushmask bug?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im using the lightrooms new masking layersystem.

I have model who has a red shirt and i need to change the color.

first i make brushmask then i add color rangemask (i choose the redl color from the shirt) but the color rangemask overwrites the brushmask. it doesnt make the color range inside the brushmask it. chooses everything in the image.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i might find a way, so first select rough selection of the color using brush, then subtrack the color using color range mask and invert it, then it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have done is Intersect the Color Range mask with the Brush. Subtract with Invert is the Intersect operation, which is going to confuse many users.

If you started with the Brush, then pressed Alt/Option, the Intersect button is shown, from which, you can select Color Range.

You can also start with the Color Range and Intersect with the Brush: Choose the Color Range you want to change, then Intersect with a Brush and start brushing where you want to restrict the color change.

If the red you want to change is the only part of the image that is red, then you could simply try using the Color Range on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes yes, it was the intersect what i needed, thank you @drtonyb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
After watching this, check out the latest massive updates here: PEOPLE MASKING & MORE! What's new in Lightroom October 2022 https://youtu.be/uLJBqS9g4O0 Welcome to the world-exclusive first LIGHTROOM MASKING TUTORIAL! A massive update to the Adobe Lightroom suite of apps (and Adobe Camera Raw) ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines