• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw photos not showing as raw

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my photos are shot raw, they used to come up as the grainy raw like colour. But now they keep coming up as this. I've reset all preferences, uninstalled and reinstalled still doing the same thing. Any help would be appreciated! When I import they show the raw look, then 1 second later it switches to really dark.

1A9EEE5D-66B4-4350-A0C0-564FF2C55691.jpeg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might suggest that your photos are under-exposed.

The LrC Navigator image is the correct appearance of the file.

The other 'previews' in your screen-clip are JPG previews (with lots of noise!) created by the camera and modified by the camera to look OK in other 'viewer' apps.

Show us a screen-clip of the full LrC screen that shows a Histogram.

The Histogram is a true 'indicator' of exposure.

Why do I see my images change after they are imported into Lightroom? | Laura Shoe's Lightroom Train...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They load into Lightroom as "flat raw" images then pop into looking awful as if there is a lut applied. When I open then with the Sony editor they look as if they are supposed to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mattp24915263 

The info and the link provided by Rob Cullen should explain what you are experiencing.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see camera profiles? 

F6B989AD-7DD8-4264-ABB8-8894EB3E4BA8.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profiles are located at the top of the Basic adjustments.

EDB2B2FA-EA26-458F-A15C-672C658C42CB.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They load into Lightroom as "flat raw" images then pop into looking awful as if there is a lut applied. When I open then with the Sony editor they look as if they are supposed to. 

By @mattp24915263

The bit about histograms and exposure asside, you got the correct answer eariler. The embedded JPEG produced by the camera from the raw is a propritary processing and has little (often no) correleation to what any raw processor shows you of it's propratary processing to create a preview. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might suggest that your photos are under-exposed.

The Histogram is a true 'indicator' of exposure.

Why do I see my images change after they are imported into Lightroom? | Laura Shoe's Lightroom Train...

By @Rob_Cullen

Sorry but not in this context. A raw Histogram is, there is no such Histogram in any Adobe prodcut that shows us raw data. It's often a 'mile' off:

Everything you thought you wanted to know about Histograms
Another exhaustive 40-minute video examining:
What are histograms? In Photoshop, ACR, Lightroom.
Histograms: clipping color and tones, color spaces, and color gamut.
Histogram and Photoshop’s Level’s command.
Histograms don’t tell us our images are good (examples).
Misconceptions about histograms. How they lie.
Histograms and Expose To The Right (ETTR).
Are histograms useful and if so, how?

Low rez (YouTube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjPsP4HhHhE
High rez: http://digitaldog.net/files/Histogram_Video.mov

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you go into Lightroom Classic Menu ->Settings->Presets and change the Global default to "camera settings". This will automatically apply most in camera settings for most cameras to the raw development. For already imported images, simply apply the "camera settings" built in preset in Develop and they will pop back to looking like the jpeg preview that is embedded in the raw files.

Screenshot 2023-02-18 at 11.08.26 AM.png

Last tip: to make screenshots you can post here. Just type "screenshot" in the looking glass in the top right corner of your display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines