• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-synch entire Lightroom Classic catalog

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my Lightroom Classic catalog on the hard drive of my Mac.  I keep all the pictures on a 1TB external drive, which is almost full, with 860 gb used, so I wanted to create a second external drive with a new catalog.  I didn't whether you use the same folder name for the media, so I just added a "Vol 2" at the end of the file name.  I did something wrong, and now I can see the media on the original drive using Finder, but Lightroom says "file not found" when I pull it up in the Develop module and click on it.  Every thumbnail shows a little exclamation point.  How do I resynch the entire catalog?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you did. You do not have to create a new catalog at all. Lightroom Classic can use multiple external disks for its images. Here's how you 'reconnect' (not sync) the missing files: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Johan -

thank you for your prompt reply, which quickly solved the problem.  I'm a newbie on a Mac, and on Lightroom Classic.  My 1TB external SSD was almost out of space, so when I set up the new SSD I gave it a new volume name.  Whoops.  I just changed the volume name back and everything was fine.  And I'm a recently retired IT executive (EDS, HPES) of 32 years.  I guess all that "important" stuff was purged from my cache when I retired.  Thank you for your help.

Regards -

John D. Clark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines