Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Re: why adobe programs are not compatible suddenly

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed to up date photoshop, bridge and camera raw the not compatible message appeard next to bridge and lightroom

My computer is running Mojave.10.14.6

What am I to do?

My computer is MacPro 2012 5,1

Regards

AVal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same issue and can't run any of the most recent updates.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because of the minimal system requirements:

Operating system macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or later macOS Big Sur (version 11)
macOS Catalina (version 10.15)

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up finding that information after I posted that. It would be
infinitely more useful if they posted in the description of the “cannot be
updated” information about why exactly instead of having us fish around the
Internet for the it.

Guess it’s time to try and sideload Catalina onto my 2010 Mac Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It happened “suddenly” because as Adobe does every year now, on October 26 they announced the next year’s round of Creative Cloud upgrades. Every year when the new versions come out, the system requirements ratchet up a notch.

@americo5EFC wrote:

My computer is running Mojave.10.14.6

What am I to do?

This year, your version of macOS became too old to be included in the list of supported versions, so the latest updates are not available to be installed. Adobe follows Apple support guidelines: Both Apple and Adobe provide software updates for the last three versions. The last three versions are macOS 10.15 Catalina, macOS 11 Big Sur, and mac OS 12 Monterey.

What you can do is use a more recent version of macOS. If your Mac Pro cannot be upgraded to macOS 10.15 Catalina or later, then your choices are to stay on older Creative Cloud software, or buy a newer computer.

Adobe provides only the last two major versions of applications in the Creative Cloud installer, so even if you are able to upgrade your Mac to macOS 10.15 Catalina, the Adobe applications that still support that will probably disappear from the Creative Cloud installer next fall. So be prepared for that, whether it means trying to upgrade macOS further or geting a new computer. By next fall a 2012 Mac will be a decade old.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines