Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reassign several folders at once?

Participant ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I moved several foldes with DNG files into one subfolder (folder by folder, not all files into one folder) online by using OneDrive and not within Lightroom oder with Windows Explorer to avoid a re-upload of several gigabytes.

How can I reassign the subfolders in Lightroom at once? If a select several subfolders (in my test case 2 of them) and select "search missing folder" ...

mycc_0-1684516307575.png

... I get this message:

mycc_1-1684516390247.png

What does this mean? Afterwards all files are in one single folder? Or will Lightroom assign the two  selected folders to the both subfolders correctly?

Thanks!

mycc

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem when you move (or copy, rename, delete; anything like that) outside of LR. It doesn't know what you did. 

Go to the top, root folder where the others should reside and try the Synchronize folder command (contextual menu). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would NOT use Synchronize Folder here. Files not found in the folder LrC thinks they should be in will be removed from your catalog, your edits and metadata will also be removed from the catalog..

Follow these instructions: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a problem when you move (or copy, rename, delete; anything like that) outside of LR. It doesn't know what you did. 

Yes, I know this. Therefore I described the reason why I moved the folders with "OneDrive Online" and not withing LR.

Go to the top, root folder where the others should reside and try the Synchronize folder command (contextual menu). 

Yes, see also my screenshot and my description! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines