• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recently imported catalog onto new Mac and LrC 11.5 not opening + "an error occurred when attempt...

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently imported catalog onto new Mac and LrC 11.5 not opening + "an error occurred when attemptinhg to change modules"

Hi there,

I've been trying to fix this for hours and hours and hours so please god help me 🙂

I've recently got a new Mac. I'm trying to use the same catalog, on the same external drive that I used with my old mac. When I open LrC the app wont open anythig besides the initial poip-up graphic, so I need to select File>Open Catalog. Then I tell it to open my catalog from the extrenal drive. Even when i then go into preferences and tell LrC to open that catalog by default it still wont do it and I need to repeat the obove process next time I start LrC. I've uninstalled LrC twice, no change. I also tried the old shift+option before openning the app to reset preferences. Didnt work either. Deleted the .lock file and that didnt work. So can you help me firgure out how to have LrC open my catalog by when it starts up? I even tried putting the catalog inside my mac's Lightroom folder and telling it to open that one....but that also didnt work. 

Secondly, when I hit 'D' or click on the develop module, I get this message "an error occurred when attemptinhg to change modules". 

FYI I'm running LrC 11.5 on Big Sur 11.0.1

Cheers

Rob

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add these images

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 16.38.18.pngScreenshot 2022-09-15 at 16.41.59.pngScreenshot 2022-09-15 at 16.42.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've recently got a new Mac. I'm trying to use the same catalog, on the same external drive that I used with my old mac. When I open LrC the app wont open anythig besides the initial poip-up graphic, so I need to select File>Open Catalog. Then I tell it to open my catalog from the extrenal drive. Even when i then go into preferences and tell LrC to open that catalog by default it still wont do it and I need to repeat the obove process next time I start LrC. I've uninstalled LrC twice, no change. I also tried the old shift+option before openning the app to reset preferences. Didnt work either. Deleted the .lock file and that didnt work. So can you help me firgure out how to have LrC open my catalog by when it starts up? I even tried putting the catalog inside my mac's Lightroom folder and telling it to open that one....but that also didnt work. 

Secondly, when I hit 'D' or click on the develop module, I get this message "an error occurred when attemptinhg to change modules". 

FYI I'm running LrC 11.5 on Big Sur 11.0.1

I hiope someone has some idea of whats going on 🙂

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately it hasn’t made any difference though. I did try restarting my Mac again too to ensure the changes had taken effect….but nope. 
Any other ideas!? I’m totally flummoxed…
Rob 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines