Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recompute Masking After Copy Paste

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 12.0.1

I'm a wedding photographer, more often I edit images that very similar where the subject has a slight deviation or movement. In such cases I try to copy and paste the settings from previous image. Copy along with masking settings since masking needs to be applied in new image as well.

Idea: Masking need to auto recompute as per the new image. This helps apply the masking settings in the new image according to the subject and background position in the new image. Today it does not recompute and only does a pixel mapping with previous image masking settings. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What type of masks are you referring to? AI masks should be recomputed, but other masks are pixel based and Lightroom has no idea how you based them on those pixels and what that means for pasting these masks onto other images.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines