• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reconnecting files after moving to a new HD...?

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have three external HD's (HD1, HD2, HD3) and I recently consolidated them into one larger 4Tb HD, named HD4. In that new drive I have three folders HD1, HD2 etc with all the same file folders as before. How do I marry up LR to let it know where the files are... I know I can click on the corner of the "missing" file and let LR know where that folder is....but do I have to do this for every folder in the HD? Is there no way LR can tell to look in the nerby folders too?
Thanks,

Alan. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

If you photos are not all in a nice hierarchy with a parent folder, then yes you have to re-connect them one at a time. (Hint hint, after everything is reconnected and working properly, change your folder hierarchy so next time reconnecting everything can be done with one action)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Figure 4 to re-connect entire hierarchies of folders by re-connecting the parent folder

https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

My problem now is that the majority of images were in folders like "JOBS" or "SCANS"  and those files I can re-connect because they're in the main folder (eg JOBS) but there were some folders of images that were just on the HD...so I guess I have to reconnect those folders manually...?

Alan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you photos are not all in a nice hierarchy with a parent folder, then yes you have to re-connect them one at a time. (Hint hint, after everything is reconnected and working properly, change your folder hierarchy so next time reconnecting everything can be done with one action)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dj,

Thanks, yes that makes sense (parent folder) for future. Fortunatley most files are in subfolders so I should be ok, I just have to manually reconnect about 20 folders. Appreciate your help.

Alan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines