• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reconnecting lost catalog images in Classic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved my external drives to a new Mac mini from my iMac and have bee relinking my catalogs to the new drives. I am having an issue with Lightroom not showing the actual names of the files on the hard drive when I search fora file to relink a missing image, as shown in the attached image. I renamed the images to match the names in the catalog. It worked successfully with one folder, after file renaming, but not subsequently.

I am using 13.2 and the latest version of Lightroom classic. I wondered if LR was using some sort of cached file list.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would re-link by folders (see Figure 3), or by entire tree of folders (see Figure 4).

https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The screenshot shows two folders with images with different names. Did you rename the images outside of Lightroom? That would be just about the worst mistake you can make, because now you do indeed have to relink each image individually, rather than relink complete folder hierarchies. If you did indeed rename the images outside of Lightroom, do you have a backup of these images from before you renamed them?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines