• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recover “Remove from Lightroom” edits

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally deleted all my Lightroom edits of a family session as I had selected all photos to export and then right clicked on on image to remove and it removed them all. I can't even remember it asking me to confirm removal of all 84 photos. If it had I wouldn't have done it.

Anyway the catalogue doesn't have them in. Is there not a recently deleted photos from Lightroom album? I don't mean the trash bin and the physical files just the edits. The RAW's are fine but 6 hours of work down the drain potentially from one accidental delete. Seems bonkers Lightroom doesn't provide an easy means for recovery. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edits are stored in the catalog, and if you remove the images from the catalog then you'll remove the edits too. That is when you use a catalog backup...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But this wouldn't help me because is if I delete them all and don't notice and Lightroom does a backup then they wouldn't be in the backup. Isn't that correct? It would only work if Lightroom Classic saves every backup as a different file but it just seems to overnight with the latest version. Not very good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC does create a new backup file each time it's a zip enclosed in a folder named with date and time created.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you "removed" the images from LrC then the data which respect to those images would have been deleted from the Catalog file. If you had the Automatically write to xmp selected there would be a .xmp file next to the raw images or info in the file header enabling you to recover your edits by reimporting the files.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks. I'll make sure the xmp option is selected next time. Why Lightroom doesn't at least confirm "Are you are you want to delete X photos?" is just crazy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why Lightroom doesn't at least confirm "Are you are you want to delete X photos?" is just crazy." LrC 11.0.1 does. It states how many pictures are about to me deleted and/or removed from the catalog.

DS256_0-1638026678844.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Strange I don't get this. Maybe it's in the settings. I'm using latest v11 on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Ross, I see you are now confirming you use Lightroom Classic.

Use LrC to identify Classic and Lr to identify Cloud-Based for desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ross21965074won2 I would confirm the version of Lightroom or Lightroom Classic you are using. You are using the extended short cut key to delete are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Lightroom Classic forum, there is a separate forum for Lightroom cloud-based app. The responses including my earlier post relate to Classic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines