• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering deleted virtual copies

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally removed virtual copies of an image from the ctalog.  the original is still there, but I have serveral virtual copies, each with different edits for different effects.  Can I recover those virtual copies andtheir edits?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only by recovering from a Backup of the catalog. And you do have frequent catalog backups, don't you? One from just before you deleted the VCs?

There is a method to restore selected folders, or edits for one selected photo, from a backup catalog, without having to totally return to the time of a previous catalog.

RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't yet closed Lightroom Classic, then you can probably reverse the deletion(s) by using the Edit->Undo menu command (control-Z). If you've done other things in the meantime, you will have to "Undo" those things first. So this may or may not work depending on what you have been doing in Lightroom Classic.

Alternatively, if your original image is synced to the cloud and syncing is turned on, then the deleted versions should be still available online. Deleted images are saved in the cloud storage for 60 days. You can get them back using the "Restore Photo" functionality in one of the online clients (Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom Mobile, Lightroom Web).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines