• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering Pictures from SD Card

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My external drive where I have all my pictures recently crashed. My backup process had failed and I didn't notice it. As a result, some of my most recent images were not backed up. I've been able to restore them from my SD card (with ther original file names, obviously, which I had changed when importing to LR Classic). 

If I rename the files to match the ones in LR and copy them to the original folder, will LR recognize them as the original pictures, or will there be a mismatch between what's in the folder and what LR sees? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files are renamed precisely to what they were previously, and are copied to the folder that Lightroom recognizes, Lightroom "should" associate them with everything that is in the catalog, and the adjustments that have been made should be applied. All you can do is try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried with 1 and it looks like it worked. When I go to export one I didn't do, LR warns me the original is missing and it will use a Quick Preview. When I export the one I did, it doesn't complain...

Now, how do I rename the files in batch? I need to go from [00200], [002001], etc. to Toronto 1221-24, Toronto 1221-25, etc. I looked at the Power Rename function Microsoft provides but it adds the number is parenthesis. I'm also looking at Power Shell but can't seem to get it to work...Any help there please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the library module and highlight all of the images. In the Library menu choose the rename photo option and choose custom sequence. Enter the name and the start number and click OK.

Screenshot 2022-07-21 094933.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't I need to do this outside of LR so when I copy them to the right folder, the have the same name as the ones LR already has?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot about that. You got me there. Don't know. Haven't done a lot of renaming in the operating system. Keep watching. How much editing did you do on those images before you lost them in Lightroom? Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to simply import them again and start over. I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ReNamer can probably do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Per, ReNamer worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines