• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redo Hotkey

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the setting to revert the Redo Hotkey to the Ctrl+Shift+Z which is what makes sense and not the Cntrl Y that every other year Adobe tries to force us to do in certain updates?

I just updated to 13.0.2 and couldn't figure out why Redo wasn't working until I tried to see if they changed it back to Contrl Y again, which they did.

Cntrl Y never makes sense being SO far away on the keyboard.

Every time they do this I have to search for hours trying to find where the option to revert it back to the old default Ctrl Shift Z.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I remembered a while ago if I shut it down and restarted it fixed it, which it didn't do that at first and sent me here to ask......but I noticed I had just started using the secondary window option which I didn't know existed.  I use with video and it's very helpful so started using it today.  

The secondary window option seems to be the bug with the hotkeys.

If I closed lightroom and restarted, it wouldn't fix it, but if I closed the secondary window option and then restarted, it fixed the hotkeys.

If the secondary window option is enabled, then it overrides the correct hotkey and then Ctrl Shift Z no longer does the redo option and instead it just keeps changing the secondary window from Normal to Live, which isn't an actual hotkey anywhere in lightroom.  Nor does it need to be a hotkey.

So the new question is, how do I fix this, or change it to override this bug or developer issue?  Because for quicker working convenience, I need the hotkey to not be the garbage version across the keyboard, but would like to use the secondary window too.

Right now it's more beneficial to not use the secondary window which is sad because it's a nice option but worthless if it gets in the way of efficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Y is not some invention of Adobe's own - it is Microsoft's convention for Redo. I do agree that Ctrl+Shift+Z is easier to remember than that and easier to do - leaving aside the finger-memory benefit, for people who need to use both OSs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I know very few other programs also use the Ctrl Y, but most of them program in Ctrl+Shift+Z, which should be a simple thing and is actually also a native Adobe wide thing, so not sure why this keeps being an issue under certain circumstances.

It's a random on going thing for many years with LR.  The other Adobe apps I don't have this random issue with.  Always random after either certain LR updates or like what I found, using certain windows and somehow it bugging out and changing hotkeys to different things that are not listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines