• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduce Cloud Storage - LR Clasic database

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filled my cloud and need to reduce cloud usage.  Since classic syncs successfully, I assume that all images are in my database on LR Classic's hards drives.

How can I reduce the cloud usage?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can see all your synced photographs from the Catalog panel in the library.

Screenshot 2021-03-14 073340.png

Select those you'd like to remove from the cloud and either press Delete or right-click and select Remove from All Synced Photographs.They will only be unsynced but will stay on your hard drive.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos syncd to the cloud from Lightroom Classic are in in the form of Smart Previews rather than full-size originals, and don't count towards your cloud allocation. So, removing them wont free up space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ian Lyons To clarify your reply- Image files Imported to Lightroom (any Mobile Version) WILL occupy space of Cloud storage.

Images synced to the Cloud from Lightroom-CLASSIC Collections Do NOT occupy Cloud space.

There is a method to remove the Full-size files from the Cloud (to achieve more space), and then 'Restore' them to the Cloud as Smart Previews that do not occupy space.  See the answer from @JohanElzenga here-

CLOUD to CLASSIC to CLOUD

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines