• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registration Issue with old Lightroom v5.0 Release

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an older laptop running Windows 8.1 I needed to re-install Lightroom v5.0 (from CD). I have a valid serial shown in my account settings for this version, but registration process does complete with an error. (see images). Serial is valid and also recognized valid during the registration process.

Anybody any idea why it isn't possible to activate this license?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I also have an old Lightroom 2.0 license unused, but it is the same error on registration.

For me it seems that the registration URL might have changed, since the error reply takes a while and is a suspicious timeout. Internet access is working without any issues from that notebook.

products-in-account.PNGregistration-error.PNG

PS: Yes, it is an old Windows version and also a pretty old Lightroom version, but it was always running successfully on that notebook and was sufficient for that purpose (it is the notebook of my father-in-law). 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Registration was optional in Europe as well.

Also, LR 5 did not use activation, all it required was a valid serial number.

So I would also have thought that cancelling the registration dialog would not prevent one from using the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possible answer is that Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 5 in any manner whatsoever. That version has long been abandoned. Adobe no longer makes the installation files available, and there is no point in registering the installation because Lightroom 5 isn't on Adobe's radar. It might be. It might be sufficient for the purpose, as you suggest, but operating systems have changed and Lightroom has changed dramatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, 

thanks for the quick answer. Somehow I was expecting it. 😟

But it would be bad, because I still kept the installation sources from the old version and I bought it and have therefore a valid license. The only thing is that I cannot register it, so it continues to run in trial mode for 30 days.

Of course the old versions are not on Adobe's radar, but as far as I know when I buy a product license of some software (like it was usual before the introduction of the subscription plans) this is not time limited. As long as it is supported on the operating system I should be able to run and register it.

It's a bit disappointing ... 😟

I also have a subscription plan running, but I am already sharing it with my wife. The old laptop with the old version was used from my 88 year old father-in-law and it was absolutely sufficient. He would be confused by the latest version and the Cloud updates and so on ... that's why I've tried to get the old software running again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I recall from those days is that if you have the serial number then all that is necessary is to enter the serial number in the appropriate space. Registering with Adobe is optional, and in the case Lightroom 5 irrelevant because that version is unsupported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... ok, then let's see. 🙂

Currently, the dialog "License or test" tells me that 21 days remaining. This statement made me suspicious that I would need to register at least at the end of the 30-days testing period. But let's see, maybe it keeps on functioning properly.

Thanks for your help. 👍🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't think that will work. You at least must enter the serial number. Did you do that? Registering Lightrroom with Adobe is a separate step, as I recall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I entered the serial number during the registration process and it was validated successfully (green checkmark, see image above). But after the last step in the wizard (name and eMail address) it takes some time and then the error message shown above is displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference by English speakers, Google translation of the dialog: "Electronic registration failed. Your registration information could not be sent to Adobe. Please check your internet connection and try again. Alternatively, you can go directly to Adobe.com via your web browser. [Go to Adobe.com]. [Try again]. [Abort]."

To test my understanding, if you click Abbrechen (Cancel), LR still shows your LR as in the trial period, even though it gave a green check mark when you entered the serial number? To build on what the others have said, registration of the perpetually licensed LR versions was always optional (at least in the US), so this behavior surprises me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Registration was optional in Europe as well.

Also, LR 5 did not use activation, all it required was a valid serial number.

So I would also have thought that cancelling the registration dialog would not prevent one from using the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@diegitalus 

I just installed Lightroom 5 on my computer. Worked fine. I entered the serial number and it was accepted without problem.

So Lightroom 5 can still have its serial number verified by Adobe.

The error message indicates that Lightroom 5 cannot contact Adobe, and that there might be a problem connecting to the Internet. Please make sure your firewall is not blocking Lightroom 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hint. I already checked Internet connectivity and it works successfully from the browser.

I'll doublecheck firewall settings.

Thanks for your help. 👍🏼😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same Problem with LR 6. I Installed it successful. ASfter starting i got a message:

Serial number already in use. Maximum Installatibn reached.  Pleas deinstall within 30  Days one installation.

The Problem is, i cannot deinstall. The old PC is broken.

So what can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have exactly the same Problem with LR 6. I Installed it successful. ASfter starting i got a message:

Serial number already in use."

You have a different problem. Contact Adobe chat and ask them to deactivate the previous installations for your serial number.  See the bottom of this page for how to contact chat:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

tks. i will try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines