• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reimported my folder, but all files are 1610x1080 jpgs.

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported original files from my hard drive into Lightroom, after reinstalling thr older version of LR (11.3) due to the new version 11v3.1 not working properly. 

i reimported all of my photos from my folders on windows, and while some have the NEF files and JPG - most have been imported as JPGS with 1610x1080 resolution in library and develop mode. 

A lot of files that were imported are greyed out as well but have the NEF format meta data. 

I have no clue on what to do here and why this happened. Please help 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check (and maybe make a screen capture and share here), your import dialog settings. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had converted them to a newer dng the older version might not recognize them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely no reason to reimport anything if you downgrade from Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 to 11.3. All your images should still be catalogued and both versions use the same catalog. So please explain in more detail what you did and why you did that. This sounds like you may actually have imported something like a preview.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your future benefit, NEVER RE-IMPORT photos. This is never necessary and causes bad things to happen.

As far as your present situation is concerned, you have imported JPGs, that's the only way photos wind up as JPGs in the catalog. You need to find the catalog you were using, and open that, rather than re-importing. Then you can find the photos in that catalog (NEFs, probably) and you should be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where else can I search for missing catalogs because are not catalogs to choose from? When LR updated, my catalogs never came back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No catalogs*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Lightroom Classic, try File->Open Recent

If that doesn't find the catalog you want, then in your operating system's search feature, do a search for all files on all disk(s) whose name ends with .LRCAT and then double-click on each one found to open it, until you find the catalog you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines