• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reinstalling photos from a memory card.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a imac and one of the external drives stopped working. The contents cannot be recovered. I purchased a new drive and have been trying to install the pictures, which I had a backup on a memory card, onto this but as Lightroom has made thumbnails from the old drive it will not let me install the photos onto the new drive. Any ideas how I can get round this problem

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom does not 'make thumbnails from your drive". It stores previews of your images in its catalog folder, but that is not what you need to restore. You also should not try to reimport the images. What you need to do is recreate the image folder structure of the old drive onto a new drive. Do this manually, not by trying to use Lightroom. Then you can 'reconnect' Lightroom to that new drive. 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines