• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Catalog Folder function MISSING in latest Lightroom Classic. How do I remove folders now?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to set up a catalog just for the images on a USB RAID 1 high speed Enclosure and maintain that catalog also on the USB RAID 1 enclosure. Unfortanetely Lightroom Classic insists on importing every image it can find anywhere, OneDrive, Other C:\ drive images.

I have the catalog on the USB RAID 1 high  speed enclosure so I can use Lightroom Classic on either my desktop or my laptop.

On previous versions of Lightroom Classic, you simply right clicked on the folder you wanted to remove from the catalog and clicked to remove the folder but not delete the images where they were stored. That function is now gone. How can I remove the folders in the catalog and not delete the images in the folders?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021
Yes! Thank you. My catalog is really messed up. ... I was in a different
place when I tried to use "Remove!" I will try to figure out how to delete
this post!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see "Remove" when I right-click on a folder, with Lightroom Classic 10.2 running on Windows 10 (20H2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes! Thank you. My catalog is really messed up. ... I was in a different
place when I tried to use "Remove!" I will try to figure out how to delete
this post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines