• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Keyboard Shortcut?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally hit Shift + C too often when I'm trying to hit Shift + Cmd + C to copy image settings.

Shift + C brings up this compare window which shows the current and next photo, selects them both, and cannot be dismissed with the Esc key.  So, my flow gets broken, and I have to move the mouse over to the tiny red dot to close the window, then de-select the current and next photo.  It's like stubbing my toe and really ticks me off.  Haha-

I can't figure out how to delete that keyboard shortcut Shift + C.

The googling I've done suggests using the Mac System Preferences | Keyboards, but that looked like it was just for adding.  I also saw something about editing a file in Contents/Resources/en.lproj but I didn't see the file it mentioned in there

Isn't there a way to change/delete keyboard shortcuts through the Lightroom Classic user interface?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Isn't there a way to change/delete keyboard shortcuts through the Lightroom Classic user interface?

Unfortunately, no.

I don't know how to change Lightroom on Mac, but here's how to do it in Windows, maybe it could put you on the right track: https://kelmond.com/customize-keyboard-shortcuts-in-lightroom/

Not sure if it's possible to remove a shortcut altogether, though maybe leaving a blank value would work (never tried it). If not possible, I'd suggest changing it to another shortcut (preferably hard to type by mistake, with mutliple special keys).

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add, change, and delete most LR keyboard shortcuts using the TranslatedStrings file. But unfortunately, some of the most common shortcuts are hardwired into LR, including Shift + C. 

Sometimes System Preferences > Keyword > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts lets you assign existing shortcuts to other commands, but it requires all the shortcuts to include Ctrl, Cmd, or Option.  In particular, you couldn't use System Preferences to assign Shift + C to Copy Settings.

To avoid accidentally typing Shift + C, you could change the shortcuts for the menu commands "Copy Settings..." and "Paste Settings".  You could use either System Preferences or Translated Strings -- see here for details on both:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/custom-keyboard-shortcuts/

For example, I assigned Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to "Copy Settings..." and "Paste Settings".  (Note that you must type the menu names exactly as they appear, including case and punctuation.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines