• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removed images from disc don't appear in trash

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update of LrC in can't find in Lightroom Classic deleted files (from disk) in trash. That makes them unrecoverable when I removed them by accident. Why is this changed? Or do I have to change some settings? In the previous version deleted files always appeared in the trash. Any idea?

Thanks, Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to duplicate this. When I delete a photo from Lightroom Classic and select remove from hard disk, the photo appears in the recycle bin. Lightroom Classic 9.3, Windows 10

But anyway, you do have backups of your photos, right? Just restore a backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
I restarted my iMac and voilà: deleted files can be found in trash again.

(Of course a backup of all the files is helpfull, but pick a by mistake deleted file out of the trash works quicker).

Problem (was it a problem) is not a problem anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some have found simply closing Finder, then opening Finder accomplishes the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me now as well, on Lightroom 11.

LR is not saving deletions to the recycle bin. Here's an example from just now:

Recycle Bin before, deletion of photo, Recycle Bin afterward.

jjaylad_0-1636400396838.png

I had enhanced that photo, so deleted the original. 

Before that I had deleted another one but inadvertantly had both the enhanced and original selected, and both got deleted.

Neither appeared in my trash so had to restore the original from File History.

This just started, because deletions from Nov. 4 were in File History when I checked it earlier. I had cleaned it out before starting on the subject photos.

I tested other programs and Lightroom is the only one this happens with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: Sure, having the backup is handy, but if I had just shot a wedding and file history hadn't run yet, that would be a bigger problem. Normally I leave shoots on my cards for a week but I know photographers that don't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rebooting yesterday hadn't solved the problem. Rebooted again this morning and tested the recycle bin and same thing. This time from more than just Lightroom.

I clicked on the Recycle Bin's Tool icon, went to Properties and found the "Don't move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted" was checked. 

jjaylad_0-1636484110236.png

No idea how that got that way. That was the first time in my life I had opened the properties for the recycle bin. Anyway I unchecked it and everything is working OK now. Thought I'd post this just to let others who may experience the same problem know where to look.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines