removing old metatdate

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove metadata from an older version of lightroom (5)   I went to export a picture and the metadata- text from 2015 showed up on picture and I cant find it to delete it/  Help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the export dialog box, select Metadata->Include: copyright only (or whatever other choice works for you from the dropdown menu)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I tried that and it didn't work, copyright only and the caption still appeared.  Looked at the pictures the caption might have come from don't see it.    Frustrating

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the caption say "OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA"? If not, what does it say exactly?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No its a caption from pkctures taken

"Dublin celebrating gay marriage being passed"

I searched all of the related pictures to the caption and I did not find the caption anywhere

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share one of these photo files on a file sharing service like Dropbox (or similar) and then provide us with the link? If there is a sidecar .xmp file, share that too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to dj_paige's request, before uploading the photo, select it in LR and do the menu command Metadata > Save Metadata To File. That will write all the catalog metadata into the file or its .xmp sidecar.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your help   I ended up contacting LRC tech support.  The caption was a watermark that wasnt showing up under watermarks?!  Support  found it and cleared it up for me.  I appreciate the help

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it resolved. You're lucky that Adobe support helped you -- they usually refuse to help those with older versions of LR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had updated to the new Adobe cloud and all the old Lightroom stuff pre-populated into the new LRC   They were very helpful at the support team

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines