• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rename a Watermark?

Participant ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to rename a watermark in Lightoom Classic? I realize that I could save the watermark with a new name and then delete the original. But, it would be alot easier to just have a rename option to save a few steps.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already possible to rename a watermark (see below screesnhot) and information in Lr Classic on-line User Guide  https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/help/using-watermark-editor.html

rename watermark.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is helpful, but it's hardly intuitive to cross-slice watermarking and presets. As the OP implies, there seems to be no option to simply rename a watermark within the watermarking dialogue - we're forced to "Save Current Settings As New Preset" each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian, That's interesting.... My newer watermarks provide a "Rename..." (and "Delete...") option in that drop-down, BUT my older watermarks only have an "Update..." option (where you can save updatred settings to the same watermark. I wonder why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the work-around. If you open the settings for a watermark and just click the "Update..." option, THEN go back to the same droplist, THEN the option to "Rename..." or "Delete..." shows up. I smell a bug!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography I see the same odd behaviour. Can you check this out with QE team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the case of Watermarks which do not offer a Delete option, when you restart Lightroom and go to the Watermark Editor and select the Watermark preset does it show you the watermark name in the pulldown or the watermark name +'(edited)'?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines