• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rename Lightroom file edited in Photoshop thru Lightroom preferences

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rename my files when I import them into Lightroom - ie  WBH01012022_51_1234.  This custom name is my initials shoot date camera file name.  Then when I edit the file in photoshop I have the preference setup to add the letter "a" at the end to show that this file has been altered.  the problem is that now when I set the preference for external editing renaming the name shows up as WBH01012022WBH01012022_51_1234a.  Somehow I get the custom text and date from the original file naming added back to the new name.  Can someone explain how to get it to just add an "a" to my "original name".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Lightroom Classic forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a copy of the file rename template, and show your external editor settings in the Lightroom preferences. It seems you use (part of) the file name twice in the template that you use to add the "a".

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! I might know how to solve this!

Have a look at Preference > External Editing > Edit Externally File Naming

And customise a template as {filename}a

Let me know if this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines